In these presents, unless there be anything in the subject or context inconsistent therewith:
- “Association” means “Pakistan Software Houses Association for IT & IT ES
- “Extra Ordinary Resolution” shall have the same meaning as in Section 159 of the Companies Ordinance 1984.
- “Special Resolution” shall have the same meaning as in Section 159 of the Companies Ordinance 1984;
- “Year” shall mean the calendar year beginning from 1st January and ending on 31st December;
- Words indicating the singular number shall include the plural number and vice versa;
- “Office Bearers” shall mean and include the Chairman, Vice Chairman, Secretary General and Treasurer
- “These Articles” or “The Articles” shall mean the Articles of Association of Pakistan Software Houses Association for IT & IT ES
- “Association” means an association with membership on all-Pakistan basis organized to represent the specific trade, industry and service and any combination thereof as provided in clause (d) of sub-section (2) of Section 3 of the Ordinance;
- “associate member” means a member of the trade organization which is not a body corporate or a multinational or a sales tax registered manufacturing concern or a sales-tax-registered business concern having an annual turnover of Rs. 50 million or above;
- “corporate member” means a member of the Association which is either a body corporate or a multinational corporation with its head office or branch office in Pakistan or a sales-tax registered manufacturing concern or a sales-tax-registered business concern having an annual turnover of Rs. 50 million or above;
- COUNCIL” means the Trade Organisations Advisory Council as provided under rules 13;
- GENERAL BODY” means all members of a trade organisation;
- “ORDINANCE” means the Trade Organisations Ordinance, 2007 (XXXI of 2007);
- NORTHERN ZONE” means the province of Punjab, North West Frontier Province and Islamabad Capital Territory;
- “Southern Zone” means the province of Sindh and Baluchistan;
- “Plan Of Activities” means a list of proposed activities, expected financial expenditures and outcome and intended goals for the trade organisation as provided in rule 25;
- “SCHEDULE” means the schedule to these rules;
- “SECRETARY GENERAL” means an individual professional full-time employee of the trade organisation who shall be in charge of the secretariat of the trade organisation and responsible for the day to day operations of the trade organisation and in his capacity as such shall be the custodian of all records pertaining to the trade organisation.
Any individual firm or company engaged in the development or marketing of software, IT & IT Enabled Services, information systems consulting or software related training shall be eligible to become a member of this Association. No individual firm or company will be entitled to have more than one membership in the Association.