Proposals by P@SHA to the Government of Pakistan are being considered for the upcoming budget, in addition to the following achievements over the last two years:
- Tax exemption on IT exports till 2025
- Proposals for tech Special Technology Zones (STZs)
- Reduction of sales tax in the ICT region to 5%. SRO is available here.
- A mechanism for the 5% cash reward on reported export proceeds
- P@SHA worked on Digital Policy with MoITT which was announced by former Prime Minister, Shahid Khaqan Abbasi (ProPakistani, TechJuice, PakistanToday).
- PM’s Task Force on IT&T has formed sub-groups of different domains and a comprehensive list of policy recommendations is being developed.
- After the previous extension of Tax exemption on exports from 2016 till 2019, P@SHA engaged with the GOP and achieved a further extension of Tax holiday on exports in recent Digital Policy from 2019 to 2025.
- Three years’ tax exemption for startups in 2017
- Reduction of GST from 16% to 5% in IT Services in ICT; discussions with provincial tax authorities to do the same.
Networking, Visibility & Learning Opportunities
- Flagship events like P@SHA ICT Awards to highlight innovation and talent in Pakistan.
- Preparation of position holders of P@SHA ICT Awards for the APICTA Awards to represent Pakistan regionally.
- Regular member meetups and networking opportunities
- Information sessions for various discount deals of P@SHA – forex conversion rates, insurance deals, etc.
- Member companies are promoted through our website and social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram).
- P@SHA delegations – Working with TDAP and commercial attaches on better representation of Pakistan at different International events and destinations.
- Active P@SHA WhatsApp Groups for C-level members – helpful info and advice from industry leaders, sharing of business and HR leads, business development, joint projects, etc.
- Active P@SHA HR and Finance WhatsApp Groups for various discussions around important issues.
- P@SHA Jobs Facebook Page for promotion of various tech-related vacancies and posts.
- “Candid with P@SHA” – a new web series of live panel discussions on our Facebook page and YouTube channel for creating awareness and spreading information amongst our membership base.
- Salary Survey
- List of companies working in different technologies (AI/ML, Cyber Security, Fintech etc.)
- ProWomen (Online Directory of Professional Women)
- Free Microsoft Certifications for the first 100 member registrations on four modules: MS Azure Virtual Machines, Migrating Workloads to Azure, Data Science Essentials, DevOps for developers, Introduction to Artificial Intelligence. (Expired Now)
- 50% Subsidy for GITEX Dubai 2018 through TDAP and facilitation.
- Subsidy for Pak-Canada ICT Forum through TDAP and facilitation.
- Subsidy for Nordic IT Summit through TDAP and facilitation.
- 50% discount on the ITCN Asia stalls for P@SHA members at the P@SHA Pavilion along with promotion on social media handles of P@SHA.
- Discount on events, seminars, workshops, hackathons, etc. due to partnerships with P@SHA (EcomX, Pycon, Data Science Workshop at COMSATS, Blockchain workshops, UX Pakistan).
- Discount on passes of other events for P@SHA members organized by members or other organizations (Leaders in Islamabad – free for P@SHA members – standard ticket fee was PKR 16,000).
- P@SHA also partners with different organizations and institutions to provide benefits to its members.
- P@SHA has also partnered with NICs in Pakistan for the access of its members to emerging startups as well as for the startups to P@SHA’s membership base.
- Health Insurance deals for P@SHA members at a 25% discount; more details are available here.
- Preferential dollar forex rates with HBL, JS and Meezan for P@SHA member companies.
- Discounted rates at different hotels. The rates and list are available for the members in the members’ section of our website. Rates can only be availed if the booking is made through P@SHA. Please send an email to email@example.com
- Training & Certifications program for P@SHA members is coming up on significant discounts or some even free.
More benefits, offers, and discounts are regularly shared with members on email and WhatsApp groups.